14 September, 2008

Ittttt's... Bike and Build time!

Applications are finally up! I've just sent mine in with the hopes that I'll soon have a permanent (pending requirements) spot on NUS 2009.

I haven't posted much lately because of school starting and such, and unfortunately I haven't been training as much as I should for similar reasons. Since my last post I've made two 14.7 mile circles around Lake Mendota - whew! Looks like I've got a long way to go before I'm ready to do 70, 80, 90 mile days...

A former coworker invited me to join the UW cycling team's Listserv, saying I could post what it is I'm doing and ask for someone to help me build up to 60 mile days. I think I may do just that!

I'd also like to note that I added a new link to the list o' links - Bikely is a site that lets you create, post, and search for bike routes in your area or elsewhere. I like it because it lets me check out my approximate mileage, but also because it allows me to switch up my training routes. Check it out!

No comments: