11 January, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hello valiant readers!

I know it's been awhile since my last update, and I do apologize. I swear by my Girl Scout honor that updates will be much more frequent come May or so. Having said that... updates!

Fundraising is well underway - thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far! I appreciate donations in ANY amount - every dollar puts me that much closer to being able to ride next summer and I get very excited every time I see the little number on my Bike and Build account page change, so if you can spare it, I do appreciate it.

If you live in Wisconsin (or any of the northern states), you know the weather gets pretty nasty around here, and as such, it's been tough to get on the bike outside - but that has not stopped me from training! I recently picked up an indoor bike trainer (a device that lets you use your bike as a stationary bike) and I've been spinning like mad ever since I got it. I plan to have legs of steel by the time the snow melts.

Over spring break I'll be going on a short tour to Devils Lake State Park and back to help prepare for the Epic Bike Trip(TM) next summer. In addition, a fellow Bike and Builder from Appleton and I will be going on a slightly longer tour around Door County, Wisconsin at the end of May as a final "dress rehearsal" for Bike and Build. If you're in either of those areas and you spot me chugging along, please don't hesitate to stop me and say hi!

No comments: