20 March, 2009

This time I made it!

I rode to Cambridge again, and this time I did manage to make it - woot! Unfortunately, riding a mountain bike with fat, knobby tires on the road leads to the expending of more effort than necessary and slow speeds. I can't wait to get my new bike.

And now, a brief, open letter to the Wisconsin DOT:

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm writing to inform you that the quality of Highway 134 out of London is atrocious. It is literally crumbling into the ditch, there are potholes in which many species of large South American rodents might live, and all of this pales in significance next to the fact that this road LEADS TO A STATE BIKE TRAIL. I fail to understand how Highway O can provide one of the smoothest, most pleasant, and otherwise enjoyable bicycle rides I've ever experienced, better even than the famed bike trails of Madison, and then turn into the atrocity that is Highway 134.

I'd also like to point out that either the sign along Highway O that says CAMBRIDGE: 5 or the sign along 134 that says CAMBRIDGE: 4 is wrong. Those signs are AT LEAST 3 miles apart.

Sincerely,
Disgruntled in Dane County

Trip mileage: 30.6 miles
Total mileage: 212.1 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a bicycle does not qualify as one of the military vehicles considered in the National Interstate and Defense Highways Act of 1956........

Maybe if you mount a turbojet and flamethrower on your bike, you'll get somewhere.