05 August, 2008

Don't train on a cruiser...

...It won't work out for you. Rode to the mall like I said I would, but on the way out, my handlebars came loose... mysteriously. This is on top of all the other odd issues it has. I didn't have a big enough wrench on me to attempt to fix the part I thought it might have been, so I had to chain it up at a St. Vinny's until I can figure a way to get it home. No big deal though, I found a reasonable (better than that damn cruiser) training bike on Craigslist, so I walked to the gentleman's house, tried it out, and bought it. It'll work for now, maybe be a nice project bike. It needs new handlebar tape for sure, could use new cables, a paint job, and a different shifter mechanism (if possible?). The current one involves flipping these little levers.

Anyway, today's training totals (mileage is according to Google Maps):

Home to mall: 5.8
Mall to Craigslist guy: 2.5
Craigslist guy to home: 4.1

Grand total of 12.4 miles! Woo!

No comments: